Throughout my life I have been exposed to various forms of media through tv, ads, magazines, etc. I've always been aware of media but I started to become more aware of media around 6th grade when I received an ipod touch for my birthday. With the ipod I downloaded Instagram. The app always had my full attention and I realized I was spending hours going through it comparing myself to others on the app as well as going on it to seek validation for myself through comments and likes. On the other hand the app also let me share photos with my family and friends that live far away. This let me see what they were up too and let me send them messages. I believe this app speaks for a lot most media sources in that it has both it's positive and negative aspects.
I use media every day. It helps me connect with friends by sharing music, further my education by reading books, get informed about issues in other parts of my community and world, stay connected with friends, and more. I believe I have a relatively healthy relationship with media but I think I can get too obsessed with the media and try to understand every thing that's going on in it. This can be overwhelming because of the massive amounts of media being shared each day. I believe the media is a helpful tool but can be absorbing when spent too much time on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Week 6 free choice
Recently my sister got the letters R2D2 and C3PO tattooed on her feet (she has many tattoos and is not known for making good choices of what...
-
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/most-radical-provisions-gop-tax-bill_us_5a230f19e4b03c44072df14c?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009 http://www...
-
As you can probably tell from my wallpaper I am a huge Beyonce fan. My favorite creation of Beyonce is her visual album Lemonade. If you h...
-
A few days ago there was a viral video of a boy named Keaton Jones. In the video he was crying and talking about how he was being bullied at...
Great Job Tallulah
ReplyDelete