Last week on Twitter I viewed a terrible video of a cat being thrown into the street by a boy. The cat hit the ground and cried without moving all while the boy was laughing to the camera. This shows a dark side to the media. This made me physically and mentally sick to see a person purposely inflict pain for no reason on an unknowing creature, and then proceed to laugh at the pain of it. The video went viral on Twitter with loads of hate comments and people wanting justice for the cat. But here's the funny thing, the other day on my time line I saw the boy was arrested for animal cruelty. Apparently people who knew the boy tweeted his address, name, social media accounts, and more. This information was retweeted tens of thousands of times. He was reported to the police and the police force of his town tweeted that they're looking into the case. Soon after the police force tweeted the boy was being sentenced for animal cruelty. I was shocked. Twitter banned people together to bring justice to the cat. This was the wholesome content I like to see on my media. This story highlights the positive aspects of media and the power it holds.
P.S. The cat is ok it only has a few fractured legs
https://youtu.be/ATkehuex1K4
Just goes to show the importance of the images you project of yourself on media!
ReplyDelete