Saturday, January 6, 2018

Week 5 free choice

There is a famous You Tuber who is named Logan Paul. A couple days ago he posted a video of him in a Japanese suicide forest where he found a dead body. He was confused not knowing if the body was real or not. He was almost even joking about it because it was a situation he had never been in before. After the clips at the forest including a clip of the hung body, he talked about suicide prevention and linked a suicide prevention hotline. The media had harsh feedback to the video and it was taken down. People were upset in that he didn't take suicide seriously and used the content for views. I agree with the majority of the media in that the video was inappropriate and should be taken down. I feel if I was in his situation I would be shocked and wouldn't know how to act or how much was appropriate to show in my videos. With that being said he was insensitive about the topic knowing it could deeply upset people with family members or friends who had taken their own lives. I believe the course taken should have been to start the video blog as he did but not shown the clip of them in the suicide forest and instead explain what he saw and talk about suicide prevention. Right when he saw the body he should have called for help and gotten the situation underhand. Suicide is a very delicate subject and I believe he acted carelessly upon it. Overall what Logan did is terrible but I believe what he did wasn't intentionally caused to make fun of or disrespect people who have committed suicide and was a mistake.

Image result for logan paul suicide forest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 6 free choice

Recently my sister got the letters R2D2 and C3PO tattooed on her feet (she has many tattoos and is not known for making good choices of what...